archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MRM-549 & MRM-547 : Proxy Connector Policy settings.
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 00:43:41 GMT

On 01/11/2007, at 11:23 AM, Joakim Erdfelt wrote:

> Making no common ground between the options is also confusing.

why? they are not common behaviour! Two of them are in the context of
time, one a choice based on correctness, and the other a boolean
behaviour.

> There needs to be a common "DO NOT USE" or "IGNORED" option.

In the code, but not when you are trying to explain what it does.

If you really wanted to treat these this way in the UI, the only
acceptable way I would represent it is as an enable/disable checkbox
separate to the list of choices so the contexts don't get mixed. But
I don't think it's necessary given the options below where you can
translate it from English into that option.

> But I can release that opinion in favor of a clear and defined set
> of values.
> So far, all I'm getting is handwaving, big picture stuff, not a
> defined, concrete, list to work off of.

I gave you all my answers, but let me paste it in your format to be
crystal clear.

> Releases (how often to check for)
>  (old)  IGNORED, ONCE, HOURLY, DAILY, DISABLED
>  (proposed) ALWAYS, ONCE, HOURLY, DAILY, NEVER
> Snapshots (for often to check for)
      AS ABOVE
> Cache-Failures
>  (old)  IGNORED, CACHED