archiva-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESULTS] [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.0-beta-3 (Postpone the release)
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2007 06:00:55 GMT
On 28/10/2007, at 12:53 PM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> On 10/25/07, Maria Odea Ching <oching@exist.com> wrote:
>> These are the results of the vote:
>>
>> +3 Binding votes (Fabrice, Brett and Myself)
>> -1 Binding vote (Arnaud)
>> +2 Non-binding votes (James, Olivier)
>>
>> With all the regressions that were discovered in 1.0-beta-3, it seems
>> that it would be better to postpone the release. I will remove the  
>> tag
>> for 1.0-beta-3 in the source repo and revert the version in trunk to
>> 1.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT.
>
> I think it would be better to just abandon the beta-3 release and go
> forward with 1.0-beta-4.
>
> Version numbers shouldn't be reused.  I don't mind deleting and
> re-tagging during the release process if something goes wrong, but not
> after it's been made available for download.

Everyone can pick the Struts committer! :)

Well, is already done now - might as well carry on with beta-3  
(particularly since I merged JIRA). It might be worth considering  
changing our policies post-1.0.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter - brett@apache.org
Blog: http://www.devzuz.org/blogs/bporter/

Mime
View raw message