archiva-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.0-beta-3
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 23:20:01 GMT

On 23/10/2007, at 6:52 AM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> On 10/22/07, Joakim Erdfelt <joakim@erdfelt.com> wrote:
>> This release has a few exceptions visible to the user. (MRM-560,  
>> MRM-561)
>> Should we fix these, and wait on 1.0-beta-3? or just make 1.0-beta-4
>> come out quickly after 1.0-beta-3?
>
> I don't think it's a good idea to "re-do" builds after they are tagged
> and made available to download for testing.

Agreed. You can't veto a release - so it's really up to whether they  
are that bad that many change their votes within the 72 hours, or the  
release manager decides not to go ahead (because they think it's bad  
enough, or they see a potential legal issue, or it includes code that  
was vetoed or something along those lines).

>
> We could decide not to officially release it, but on the surface those
> two issues don't seem serious enough to me.  (Error on the dependency
> tree web page, and overzealous logging?)

Let's not forget that two of them would have existed in 1.0-beta-2,  
so a release isn't harming anyone.

MRM-561 is disappointing, since it's a regression, but not critical  
enough to block the release IMO.

If it were a final release I'd say differently.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter - brett@apache.org
Blog: http://www.devzuz.org/blogs/bporter/

Mime
View raw message