archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Joakim Erdfelt <joa...@erdfelt.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r586858 - /maven/archiva/trunk/archiva-web/archiva-webapp/src/appserver-base/conf/archiva.xml
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 01:09:36 GMT
Brett Porter wrote:

> On 22/10/2007, at 2:02 AM, Joakim Erdfelt wrote:
>
>> Can you wrap this into a profile?
>
> I thought about that, but the idea is to have it by default so that if
> I forget an option I get a sensible default. Otherwise, I accidentally
> hose my actual "production" install on the same machine by the
> appearance of ~/.m2/archiva.xml
>
>> Like we do for the mysql / postgres options?
>> This makes testing large repositories rather difficult, as I have to
>> reconfigure every time now.
>
> I use -Dappserver.base=/path/to/other-install, but only when I need to
> test the other data. Do you need to test a large repository every time
> you test the webapp?

This doesn't work.
It loads both files resulting in a "Configuration can not be saved when
it is loaded from two sources" error when loaded this way ...

[archiva-webapp]$ mvn -Dappserver.base=$HOME/java/archiva clean jetty:run

The $HOME/java/archiva directory has a conf, log, and repos, subdirectory.
The $HOME/java/archiva/conf/archiva.xml file contains my desired
configuration.

>> It also appears that this is showing up in the standalone plexus
>> application, making user level configuration impossible that way too.
>
> I'm not sure what you are referring to here?
>
> I'm happy to roll it back if it's inconveniencing anyone else, I just
> wanted to go for the safer option by default.

See my recent note on the 1.0-beta-3 release.
Still tracking down what files it thinks it has loaded.

--
- Joakim Erdfelt
  joakim@erdfelt.com