archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Joakim Erdfelt <joa...@erdfelt.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r584279 - in /maven/archiva/trunk/archiva-web: archiva-security/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/archiva/security/ archiva-webapp/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/archiva/web/action/admin/repositories/ archiva-webapp/src/main/java/org/apa
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2007 05:11:24 GMT
I can only think of 1 place for this.
When DefaultArchivaConfiguration loads the default-archiva.xml from its
resources location and puts it into place.

Catch is, it will require pulling in redback-rbac all the way down to
archiva-configuration.
Which means archiva-security will likely go away (merged with
archiva-configuration), with the RoleManager work that Jesse did, it was
inevitable for the archiva-security to go away.
But wait! there's more! Because of our use of a role with a resource,
that means we have to pull in RbacManager too. (because RoleManager
doesn't support that kind of assignment yet, see Jesse & Redback
1.0-alpha-4 work)
Also, it means that every unit test that uses the
DefaultArchivaConfiguration object will have to pull in the RoleManager,
and RBACManager too.
And while we are loading those, we'll either need to configure a
database everywhere, or use the "memory" role manager to avoid using the
database.
Which in turn means that all of those component xmls everywhere will
need to be touched, which at last count,

Big commit coming?
(back of the envelope math)
$ find . -name "*.xml" -exec grep -l DefaultArchivaConfiguration {} \; |
wc -l
27
$ find . -name "*.xml" -exec grep -n DefaultArchivaConfiguration {} \; |
wc -l
63

27 files, 63 usages of DefaultArchivaConfiguration.
Average of about 65 new lines needed per DefaultArchivaConfiguration
definition.
65 * 63 = 4095 lines.
+ 27% diff overhead = 5200 lines

That should be a 4 part commit (once split by apache's commit message
email split routines)
And that's the bare minimum work.
It's likely that archiva-security goes away, and archiva-configuration
gains a bunch of security.

Ready for it?

- Joakim

--