archiva-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Repository Layout Detection/Interaction Changes.
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 19:51:11 GMT

On 09/10/2007, at 5:45 PM, Joakim Erdfelt wrote:

>> exactly - that's why I suggested some special cases needed to be  
>> listed (dom4j is a common one too).
>
> The special case work can be accomplished with the proposal.
> I don't like it, it screams *hack*, but if it'll get us closer to  
> 1.0 then so be it.

Yes, it is a hack, but that's what we signed up for with the  
automated URL parsing, and I was clear about that when I checked it in.

>
>>
>>>
>>> maven/jars/maven-test-plugin-1.8.2.jar
>>>   becomes one of the following
>>> maven|maven|test-plugin-1.8.2|jar
>>> maven|maven-test-plugin|1.8.2|jar
>>
>> seems like a bug, that should be deterministic through the  
>> filename extension
>
> How does the extension affect the breakdown of the version id?

.jar will always be in /jars/ IIRC.

>
> We don't have 90% coverage of m1/legacy repos.
> When I run through a simple LegacyLayout.toArtifact(path) on the  
> files (paths only) present in the http://people.apache.org/repo/m1- 
> ibiblio-rsync-repository/ repository, i get a ~40% failure rate.

I don't know what's going on there, because this is the full set of  
rules for mapping m1 -> m2 for *all* of central:

RewriteRule org.codehaus.modello/jars/modello-plugin-dom4j-(.+).jar 
(.*)$ /maven2/org/codehaus/modello/modello-plugin-dom4j/$1/modello- 
plugin-dom4j-$1.jar$2 [L]
RewriteRule org.codehaus.modello/jars/modello-plugin-xpp3-(.+).jar(.*) 
$ /maven2/org/codehaus/modello/modello-plugin-xpp3/$1/modello-plugin- 
xpp3-$1.jar$2 [L]
RewriteRule maven/jars/dom4j-(.+).jar(.*)$ /maven2/maven/dom4j/$1/ 
dom4j-$1.jar$2 [L]
RewriteRule dom4j/jars/dom4j-(.+).jar(.*)$ /maven2/dom4j/dom4j/$1/ 
dom4j-$1.jar$2 [L]
RewriteRule jaxen/jars/jaxen-1.0-FCS-full.jar$ /maven2/jaxen/jaxen/ 
1.0-FCS/jaxen-1.0-FCS-full.jar [L]
RewriteRule cactus/jars/cactus-([0-9]+)-(.+).jar$ /maven2/cactus/ 
cactus/$1-$2/cactus-$1-$2.jar [L]
RewriteRule commons-logging/jars/commons-logging-1.1-dev.jar /maven2/ 
commons-logging/commons-logging/1.0.4/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar [L]
RewriteRule strutstestcase/jars/strutstestcase-(.+).jar /maven2/ 
strutstestcase/strutstestcase/$1/strutstestcase-$1.jar [L]
RewriteRule stax-utils/jars/stax-utils-snapshot-(.+).jar /maven2/stax- 
utils/stax-utils/snapshot-$1/stax-utils-snapshot-$1.jar [L]
RewriteRule batik/jars/batik-1.5-fop-(.+).jar /maven2/batik/batik-1.5- 
fop/$1/batik-1.5-fop-$1.jar [L]
RewriteRule poi/jars/poi-(.+)-final-(.+).jar /maven2/poi/poi-$1-final/ 
$2/poi-$1-final-$2.jar [L]
RewriteRule jython/jars/jython-20020827-no-oro.jar /maven2/jython/ 
jython/20020827/jython-20020827-no-oro.jar [L]
RewriteRule xpp3/jars/xpp3-1.1.3.4-(.+?).jar /maven2/xpp3/ 
xpp3/1.1.3.4/xpp3-1.1.3.4-$1.jar [L]

RewriteRule ^([^/]+)/(jar|pom|config|distribution|java-source|dist| 
dtd|ear|ejb|license|licence|nbm|rar|sar|tld|war|xml|zip)s/([^0-9]+)- 
([0-9].+)\.([^0-9]+)(\.md5|\.sha1){0,1}$ r/$1/$3/$4/$3-$4.$5$6 [PT]
RewriteRule ^([^/]+)/(jar|pom|config|distribution|java-source|dist| 
dtd|ear|ejb|license|licence|nbm|rar|sar|tld|war|xml|zip)s/(.+)-([0-9]. 
+)\.([^0-9]+)(\.md5|\.sha1){0,1}$ r/$1/$3/$4/$3-$4.$5$6 [PT]

ok, so we went with enumerating the types here - if that helps then  
we can use the same things. If we can cover central, then I'm pretty  
happy with it.

> I think I'll add that file listing to the unit tests today and make  
> that a unit test.
> Must pass with <10% failure rate.

I'm not quite sure whether you are serious here, but that doesn't  
sound like a unit test.

> The magnitude isn't as large as you think, it's mostly done already.
> Just wrapping up the unit testing today.

I'll wait and see and comment tomorrow then.

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter - brett@apache.org
Blog: http://www.devzuz.org/blogs/bporter/

Mime
View raw message