archiva-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: best way to use Archiva with Maven mirrors (was: [VOTE] Release Archiva-1.0-beta-2)
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 01:31:57 GMT
On 9/16/07, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:
> On 17/09/2007, at 10:32 AM, Joakim Erdfelt wrote:
>
> > Now to either fix the mirror handling in maven client.
> > As I see it we have 3 options.
> > 1) Fix maven client's inner working with mirrors.
> > 2) Create a wagon-archiva provider that does the mirror magic sauce
> > in a
> > more sane way.
> > 3) Create a consumer in archiva that adjusts all pom embedded
> > repositories to ones present within archiva itself.
> >
> > (hmm, this should be a separate thread)
>

> Here is how I've set it up:

What's the advantage of using mirrors?  I don't.  I just override
'central' and 'apache.snapshots' directly as repositories.

IMO, mirrors *should* fall back to the original url if the mirror
isn't available.  That's not the way it's implemented in Maven right
now, though.  Since I *never* want to contact central if my mirror is
unavailable, I override the id and provide a replacement URL.

--
Wendy