archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: best way to use Archiva with Maven mirrors (was: [VOTE] Release Archiva-1.0-beta-2)
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 00:49:10 GMT
On 17/09/2007, at 10:32 AM, Joakim Erdfelt wrote:

> Now to either fix the mirror handling in maven client.
> As I see it we have 3 options.
> 1) Fix maven client's inner working with mirrors.
> 2) Create a wagon-archiva provider that does the mirror magic sauce
> in a
> more sane way.
> 3) Create a consumer in archiva that adjusts all pom embedded
> repositories to ones present within archiva itself.
>
> (hmm, this should be a separate thread)

Here is how I've set it up:

   <mirrors>
     <mirror>
       <id>local-archiva-snapshots-apache</id>
       <url>http://localhost:7777/archiva/repository/snapshots/</url>
       <mirrorOf>apache.snapshots</mirrorOf>
     </mirror>
     <mirror>
       <id>local-archiva-snapshots-codehaus</id>
       <url>http://localhost:7777/archiva/repository/snapshots/</url>
       <mirrorOf>codehaus.snapshots</mirrorOf>
     </mirror>
     <mirror>
       <id>local-archiva-internal</id>
       <url>http://localhost:7777/archiva/repository/internal/</url>
       <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>
     </mirror>
   </mirrors>

Not perfect, but does the job (the downside is it searches internal
for snapshots first too - just a wasted request).

I think (3) is useful, but not urgent. (2) is a hack at best - I
think the above gets by until Maven is fixed - ie (1).

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter - brett@apache.org