archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Archiva-1.0-beta-1
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 08:56:54 GMT

On 07/08/2007, at 6:45 PM, nicolas de loof wrote:

> But latter, I get an Error about Unknown checksum policyCode [cache]
>
> jvm 1    | 2007-08-07 10:37:20,481 [SocketListener0-1] ERROR
> org.apache.maven.archiva.policies.PreDownloadPolicy:cache-failures  -
> Unknown checksum policyCode

I thought this was a known issue - I got it in the alpha's as well.
Using "ignore failures" on the proxy connector works for me.

> I also had to delete my old $HOME/.m2/archiva.xml as I cannot make any
> change in the configuration "cannot save configuration when 2
> sources are
> used".
> Is there any update guide to convert old-style configuration into
> archiva
> 1.0 ? If none, why does archiva still read this deprecated and
> uneditable
> archiva.xml file ?

That's my fault - sorry. You can remove the dummy conf/archiva.xml
file as well to retain the use of ~/.m2/archiva.xml (the format and
location have not changed). I added some code to fail fast in
situations where the configuration might look like it was saved and
is not (ie, when you have an appserver config and a user config).

I've filed an issue to both make this clearer and more elegant.
Really, we should just ban list items existing in both.

- Brett