archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Maria Odea Ching <och...@exist.com>
Subject Re: Repository case sensitivity.
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 08:07:07 GMT
Joakim Erdfelt wrote:
> As I was working on the metadata stuff for MRM-463 I discovered an
> interesting thing in the repository, wanted to know what you all think
> about this.
>
> Case sensitivity:
>
> See http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/logkit/
>
> How should we handle this?
> Think about the proxy request for it.
>
> logkit:logkit:1.2::jar
> logkit:LogKit:1.2::jar   (notice capitalization)
>
> Those two cannot co-exist on a repository served from windows ATM.
> Nor can those two artifacts co-exist in the local repository.
>
> Archiva running on UNIX sees them as different.

What if we put a check first before copying the downloaded artifact to
the target? Get all the directories in the local repository first then
compare it with the target path (ignoring the case). If more than 1
match is found, then we report this, otherwise, just proceed with the
copy? Maybe we could use the CollectionUtils.countMatches(..) to do
this, wdyt?

> Do we report this? (I say yes)

+1! :)

> If so, how?
>
> Need to create a jira for this. (any takers)

What about having an inconsistent artifact proxy problem which will be
added to the db when a case like the one above is detected during proxying?

For the view aspect (UI), on the other hand, I think it would be more
appropriate to have this as a separate report from the Repository
Problem report currently implemented, maybe a Proxying Error Report instead?

Thanks,
Deng