archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Maria Odea Ching <och...@exist.com>
Subject Repository purge (MRM-294 and MRM-275)
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 09:50:35 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to fix up MRM-294, and I need your input/comments :-)

Should the configuration for the repository purge be for each
repository? If so, I think it can be consolidated with the repository
scanning schedule and set up as another consumer which would be executed
during repository scanning.

I've also identified the fields which can be configured by the user
(from MRM-294 and MRM-275):
1. schedule of THE PURGE (this is the repo scanning schedule if per
repository)
2. timestamp basis of which snapshots will be deleted -- specific
date/timestamp (e.g. all builds older than 01/01/07) OR time based (e.g.
any builds order than 1 month)
3. artifact count to be retained

In the configuration page, the user can choose which criteria to use for
the repo purge (either #2 or #3 in the list above).

Also for #2, I thought to provide the user the option to choose from these:
- specific date/timestamp
- by # of months
- by # of days
- by # of years

Thoughts anyone?

Anyway, that's all for now.. thanks in advance! :)

-Deng