archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Maria Odea Ching <och...@exist.com>
Subject Re: Suggestions/thoughts anyone? (MRM-426)
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 03:08:03 GMT
More chat logs..  :-)

<joakim> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-426
<brett> I believe we should include all snapshots in the list, and point
1.3-SNAPSHOT to the latest
<brett> we can get fancy later (maybe fold the list up under the
1.3-SNAPSHOT heading)
<joakim> so .. (a) index all versions.  (b) store in db all versions.
and (c) store in db *-SNAPSHOT of latest version.
<brett> (c) could be determined computationally, but yeah.
<joakim> true.
<joakim> deng, got that?
<deng> yep, got it ;-)
<joakim> brett, what about the download box in the browse view?
<joakim> leave it alone and just allow the timestamped version to have
it's own download list?
<brett> joakim: yah, when you navigate to the SNAPSHOT, you should
effectively end up at the latest timestamped one (unless there is a
non-unique-versioned one)
<brett> it's just a pointer, not a view

-Deng