archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Maria Odea Ching <och...@exist.com>
Subject Suggestions/thoughts anyone? (MRM-426)
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 02:53:35 GMT
Hi Everyone,

We're trying to fix up http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-426 (handling
unique version SNAPSHOTS). Comments were posted on jira and there was
also a discussion for this over the IRC, I've included the chat logs below:

<joakim> deng, that's a sticky situation.
<joakim> the real question is .... should we show (in browse) each
snapshot version?
<joakim> if so, then we need to do a hybrid approach.
<deng> yeah, its pretty sticky :(
<deng> i think there's another issue filed about the browse of each
snapshot verrsion
<deng> MRM-425
<joakim> add all poms with their versions as-is.  and also as the
generic -SNAPSHOT version.
<joakim> that generic snapshot add needs to be the information of the
latest snapshot
<joakim> and the 'download' link needs to show all snapshot versions.
<joakim> err. that can be quite lengthy.   :-(
<joakim> I think we need to bring this to the mailing list.
<deng> okey dokey :) i'll send an email out for this in the dev list
<joakim> we definately need to index all versions.  and store the poms
for all (in-pom) versions.
<joakim> and the browse screen needs to show the available versions, and
make downloading of those versions possible.
<joakim> but I think the pom information in the db will have to be based
on the in-pom version, not the filename.
<wsmoak> I'd be happier to just see 1.3-SNAPSHOT in the list, linked to
the latest, and not every single one
<joakim> the poms can change throughout a SNAPSHOT cycle.
<joakim> that's what worries me.
<deng> yeah, that's what i've been thinking too
<wsmoak> it's not pretty when you search and get a bunch of
20070711.1234567 in the list
<wsmoak> off to the dev list, then :)
<joakim> yup
<joakim> there's bound to be at least 15 solutions for this.

So any thoughts about this?

Thanks,
Deng