archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Repository purge (MRM-294 and MRM-275)
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:17:02 GMT

On 25/07/2007, at 7:50 PM, Maria Odea Ching wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm trying to fix up MRM-294, and I need your input/comments :-)

Cool, this will be a popular feature :)

> Should the configuration for the repository purge be for each
> repository? If so, I think it can be consolidated with the
> repository scanning schedule and set up as another consumer which
> would be executed during repository scanning.

Definitely per repository for the configuration - and I think tying
it to the scanning schedule and using a consumer makes the most
sense, sure.

> I've also identified the fields which can be configured by the user
> (from MRM-294 and MRM-275):
> 1. schedule of THE PURGE (this is the repo scanning schedule if per
> repository)
> 2. timestamp basis of which snapshots will be deleted -- specific
> date/timestamp (e.g. all builds older than 01/01/07) OR time based
> (e.g. any builds order than 1 month)

I think only the latter option is needed here? Not sure when I'd use
a specific date. Also - I'd like any artifacts that are not in active
development to be deleted entirely (eg, 1.0-SNAPSHOT when 1.0 is
released).

> 3. artifact count to be retained

is this within the given version? ie, keep X builds of this snapshot.

> In the configuration page, the user can choose which criteria to
> use for the repo purge (either #2 or #3 in the list above).
>
> Also for #2, I thought to provide the user the option to choose
> from these:
> - specific date/timestamp
> - by # of months
> - by # of days
> - by # of years

I'd go simple here - maybe have anything older than X days OR keep Y
builds.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Brett