archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.0-beta-1 Release Date and Jiras..
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 23:18:24 GMT

On 27/07/2007, at 7:53 PM, Maria Odea Ching wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Do you guys agree on the 1.0-beta-1 release next week (probably at
> the end of the week)?

Sounds great!

> Anyway, here are some of the issues that were already resolved and
> will be included:
> - MRM-326 (Adding/Editing repositories doesn't have validation)
> - MRM-426 (Search does not work for snapshots because of different
> version values in index and database when the snapshot version is
> unique)
> - MRM-425 (Search and Browse do not work for snapshots)

I've added MRM-290 to the list :)

> I've also compiled the issues that will/may be included in this
> release. Please verify if they would make it to 1.0-beta-1
> - MRM-329 (The Reports link gives an HTTP 500)
> - MRM-429 (Find artifact does not work when the applet is disabled)
> - MRM-430 (Archiva always writes to ~/.m2/archiva.xml)
> - MRM-275 (add "remove old snapshots" Scheduler)
> - MRM-294 (Repository purge feature for snapshots)
> - MRM-373 (Unable to delete the pre-configured example network proxy)
>
> For MRM-275 and MRM-294, I'll try to finish it asap.

Yeah, I think the thing to focus on is getting to that feature
complete point - so those two and MRM-329 are the important ones from
this list (and everything else that gets done this week is a bonus).

After that, I think we can turn out betas every couple of weeks that
fix bugs/improve docs/etc.

> If there are other issues that I've missed, just post it here
> please :)

The only thing I see missing is Maven 1 support which I believe is
currently missing? Or does this work now? Anyone else have anything?

In going through 1.0.x for potential features we might want to
include I didn't find anything, but I did see a lot of cruft, and a
mix of bugs and features :) What do folks think of taking a few
passes through this next week to try and find the true 1.0 issues,
the acceptable known issues (1.0.x) and the future releases stuff?

Cheers,
Brett