archiva-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Preparing for Archiva 1.0-alpha-1 release vote.
Date Sat, 26 May 2007 18:44:21 GMT
On 5/26/07, Joakim Erdfelt <joakim@erdfelt.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, Wendy, Brett, Nap, and Henry all found serious bugs in
> the deploy and proxy bits.

For the record, I don't think that should stop the alpha-1 release.
The first time through you're likely to run into some issues just with
the release process itself.  I didn't even propose a vote for
0.9-alpha-1, but it was a valuable exercise.

It's never going to be perfect.  What these interim releases give us
is a point in time label that really helps sorting out when problems
appeared and when they were resolved.

--
Wendy