archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Joakim Erdfelt <joa...@erdfelt.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Merge Archiva Database Branch to Trunk
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 13:34:46 GMT
Emmanuel Venisse wrote:

> Joakim Erdfelt a écrit :
>> Ok.
>>
>> Here's the vote breakdown.
>>
>> option A - Make the branch the new trunk.
>> * Emmanuel Venisse
>> * Arnaud Heriter
>> * Nicolas De Loof
>> * Jesse McConnell
>> * Brett Porter
>> * Wendy Smoak
>>
>> option B - Merge the branch into the existing trunk.
>> * Maria Odea Ching
>>
>> option C - Do not merge the branch into trunk.
>> * (n/a)
>>
>> Looks like option A wins!
>>
>> The current plan
>>
>> 1) Identify the changes since the branch has been made.
>>    Branch was created on March 15, 2007 - on revision 518676
>> 2) Merge in changes made on trunk since branch into the branch.
>> 3) Rename the current trunk as branch-0.9
>
> Maybe it would be better to use this process:
> 3) copy trunk as branch-0.9
> 3.1) Remove trunk
>
> I think that with this process a 'svn up' will work fine instead of to
> do a clean checkout.
I was just going to use ...

$ svn mv \
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/archiva/trunk \
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/archiva/branches/archiva-0.9

and then ...

$ svn mv \
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/archiva/branches/archiva-jpox-database-refactor
\
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/archiva/trunk

After all the docs for "svn mv" state ...

move (mv, rename, ren): Move and/or rename something in working copy or
repository.
usage: move SRC DST

  Note:  *this subcommand is equivalent to a 'copy' and 'delete'.*
  Note:  the --revision option has no use and is deprecated.

  SRC and DST can both be working copy (WC) paths or URLs:
    WC  -> WC:   move and schedule for addition (with history)
    URL -> URL:  complete server-side rename.

See any problem with this approach?

- Joakim Erdfelt