archiva-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Simmons jr. Simmons" <rsimm...@icat.com>
Subject Re: Let's release Archiva
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 00:47:20 GMT
A release would be great for the Archiva community and an easier sell to my
boss. I wonder if there is the possibility of integrating the user and role
management with standard J2EE user and role management (ie outside Archiva
itself) The goal would be so that I could configure Archiva to use our
company LDAP server for authentication and authorization. If Archiva had
that and the ability to be configured with JBoss / Tomcat EASILY, it would
rock.

-- Robert

On 4/11/07 2:13 PM, "Wendy Smoak" <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/11/07, Arnaud HERITIER <aheritier@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ok, thus I'll work on them this week and test archiva on one of our servers.
>> http://forge.octo.com/archiva/index.action
>> Is there someone who can validate that users management works now ? In my
>> previous snapshot version there was a lot of bugs that avoid users to
>> register themself. I had to create all accounts manually.
>
> Thank you.  User management _should_ be working, we're using a
> released version of Plexus Redback. I'll check it.
>
>> Wendy, I'm not against a release. a 0.1, 0.9-alpha-1, as you want. When the
>> release process is easy I prefer to have a release every 3 days than every 3
>> years (I know what I'm talking about with maven 1).
>
> OK, I bugged Jesse on irc about the maven-app-* releases that need to
> be promoted from staging.  Those are the last remaining snapshots in
> the build.  Then we'll see how easy it is... some time this weekend,
> probably.

Robert Simmons jr.
Senior Software Engineer
ICAT Managers, LLC
720-271-9343
rsimmons@icat.com

Confidentiality Note: This message contains information that may be confidential and/or privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use, copy, disclose, distribute or take
any action based on this message. If you have received this message in error, please advise
the sender immediately by reply email and delete this message. Although ICAT Managers, LLC
scans e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free
and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.  Thank you.