archiva-dev mailing list archives

From "nicolas de loof" <nicolas.del...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Merge Archiva Database Branch to Trunk
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:12:49 GMT

> An 0.9 release is not intended to attract users, it's intended to deal
> with the fact that it already *has* users, and should have been
> officially released a long time ago.
>
> I'm not planning to make a big deal of it, a quiet mention on the user
> list and a link at the bottom of the download page is plenty.
> Personally, I have this code in production and would like to see this
> line of development nicely wrapped up rather than just abandoned.

I also use this codebase for my corporate job and will contribute to
maintain supported features in future releases. I just don't understand why
a "0.9" release would change about the trunk code to be maintained or not.
Do you just mean that having a (pre)release would make the supported
features included in the roadmap ? We still have to re-code them in the
branch-code.