archiva-dev mailing list archives

From "nicolas de loof" <nicolas.del...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Let's release Archiva
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 07:35:37 GMT
I'm using archiva in my company to manage our private repo (repo1 proxy +
some resticted jars).
I've tested archiva during 2 month. I've configured our old maven-proxy to
point to archiva, to test those MRM patches :

maven1 & maven2 users --> maven-proxy --> archiva --> repo1.maven.org/maven2

This allowed me to convert our corporate repo to maven2 layout and to clean
some artifacts locations.

I now have removed maven-proxy from the chain, so archiva get's more load.
To ensure all is working fine, many users dropped there local repository, so
that archiva had to serve lot's of jars.
Some users reported me HTTP 500 errors. A ConcurrencyModificationExceptions
was logged.

The wagon issue is not critical as the user can get the expected artifact by
running the build a second time.

 Releasing archiva with this issue may place newbee users in the same
situation. They will the consider archiva to be buggy as they have issues
on existing builds as they do with simplier tools like maven-proxy. For this
reason, I consider this to be a blocker to make a public release.

My current deployed archiva is updated to Wagon 2.0-SNAPSHOT with WAGON-79
patch. There may be other similar issues on wagon listeners. But this
introduces a dependency on SNAPSHOTs. Maybe could htis be fixed in the
1.Xwagon branch ?

Nico.