archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Merge Archiva Database Branch to Trunk
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 09:02:29 GMT
It's ok now, thanks.

The branch seems to be good and well organized.
Even if I found some NPE when I used the webapp, I'm +1 to use it as trunk.

I don't think you'll can do option B easily, so I vote to option A. You can move the actual
trunk to branches/archiva-0.9.x until the new trunk is stable.

Emmanuel

Joakim Erdfelt a écrit :
> Please try again.
>
> All of the unit tests now work on windows.
>
> - Joakim
>
> Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
>> Option C: Tests don't work on windows so I can't test it.
>>
>> When they'll be fixed, I'll be for Option B.
>>
>> Emmanuel
>>
>> Joakim Erdfelt a écrit :
>>> Lots of work has been done in the archiva database branch in the past
>>> 2 months.
>>>
>>> It has come time to start the merge back into trunk and get the help
>>> of others to finish off the work.
>>>
>>> I wanted to point people to the branch and let them take a look
>>> around, and then vote.
>>>
>>> As I see it we have 3 options.
>>>
>>> option A [ ] Make the branch the new trunk.
>>> option B [ ] Merge the branch into the existing trunk.
>>> option C [ ] -1 Do not merge the branch into trunk.
>>>
>>> I'll wait the usual 72 hours and tabulate the scores.
>>> Scores will be tabulated around 1:00am Sunday UTC.
>>>
>>> I favor option A personally, but I don't know what that will mean to
>>> those people that have trunk currently checked out.
>>>
>>> The Branch:
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/archiva/branches/archiva-jpox-database-refactor

>>> The Good:
>>> 1) Completed Integration of JPOX Database into system.
>>> 2) Completely overhauled the repository scanning for performance,
>>> availability, resilience, and capabilities.
>>> 3) Completely overhauled the reporting system for growth and use of
>>> the database.
>>>
>>> The Bad:
>>> 1) Admin screens have not yet been converted to the new
>>> configuration. (that's a priority for me ATM)
>>> 2) Automatic Artifact relocation on proxied requests has not been
>>> implemented.