archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Joakim Erdfelt <joa...@erdfelt.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Merge Archiva Database Branch to Trunk
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:16:44 GMT
Trygve Laugstøl wrote:
> Joakim Erdfelt wrote:
>> Lots of work has been done in the archiva database branch in the past
>> 2 months.
>>
>> It has come time to start the merge back into trunk and get the help
>> of others to finish off the work.
>>
>> I wanted to point people to the branch and let them take a look
>> around, and then vote.
>>
>> As I see it we have 3 options.
>>
>> option A [ ] Make the branch the new trunk.
>> option B [ ] Merge the branch into the existing trunk.
>> option C [ ] -1 Do not merge the branch into trunk.
>>
>> I'll wait the usual 72 hours and tabulate the scores.
>> Scores will be tabulated around 1:00am Sunday UTC.
>
> I vote for the one that will get an alpha out as soon as possible.
>
> Archiva is really missing out on a lot of good customers and thus
> developers. I am afraid that unless an alpha is kicked out ASAP the
> development will loose it focus and that it will develop more advanced
> and/or unnecessary features that needed.
My timeline is this ...

1) Get branch merged back into trunk.
2) Allow 1 to 2 weeks to stabilize core functionality.
3) Release 1.0-alpha-1
4) Integrate redback.
5) Work through jira's.
6) Release 1.0-alpha-2 (time since 1.0-alpha-1, about 2 weeks)
7) Work through feature set for 1.0 in
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Archiva+Roadmap
8) Tackle jira's
9) Iterate thru feature set and jiras until we decide it's time for 1.0
(final).

- Joakim