archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Joakim Erdfelt <joa...@erdfelt.com>
Subject [VOTE] Merge Archiva Database Branch to Trunk
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 00:15:31 GMT
Lots of work has been done in the archiva database branch in the past 2
months.

It has come time to start the merge back into trunk and get the help of
others to finish off the work.

I wanted to point people to the branch and let them take a look around,
and then vote.

As I see it we have 3 options.

option A [ ] Make the branch the new trunk.
option B [ ] Merge the branch into the existing trunk.
option C [ ] -1 Do not merge the branch into trunk.

I'll wait the usual 72 hours and tabulate the scores.
Scores will be tabulated around 1:00am Sunday UTC.

I favor option A personally, but I don't know what that will mean to
those people that have trunk currently checked out.

The Branch:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/archiva/branches/archiva-jpox-database-refactor

The Good:
1) Completed Integration of JPOX Database into system.
2) Completely overhauled the repository scanning for performance,
availability, resilience, and capabilities.
3) Completely overhauled the reporting system for growth and use of the
database.

The Bad:
1) Admin screens have not yet been converted to the new configuration.
(that's a priority for me ATM)
2) Automatic Artifact relocation on proxied requests has not been
implemented.
3) Untested.

I'm eager to get the other devs involved ASAP.

While the vote is going on, I'll be alternating between Redback
development and Archiva Admin Screen work.

- Joakim Erdfelt