archiva-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Archiva r513991 will not start
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2007 14:43:10 GMT
On 3/2/07, Barry Egbert <barryegbert@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wendy,
>
> I had a similar problem to this, but, I think that the important part
> of the stack trace is the part where we see the NullPointerException.
>
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: configuration can not be null.
>
> I think that if you put an archiva.xml file in your .m2 directory with
> an empty configuration element, you'll be good to go.
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <configuration/>

Hmmm... if that's the problem, then there is already an empty
archiva.xml in archiva/conf/ that it should be picking up.

./apps/archiva/webapp/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/plexus/application.xml
lists the config files that Archiva looks for.

Several of the other files, such as ~/.m2/shared.xml,  are also
"missing", but that doesn't cause a similar NPE.

I wonder if something in Archiva is hard coded to read from ~/.m2/archiva.xml.

--
Wendy