archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Joakim Erdfelt <joa...@erdfelt.com>
Subject Re: [WIKI] Archiva Roadmap & Design
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 03:04:27 GMT
John Tolentino wrote:
> Hi Joakim,
>
> I'd like to add a web application to deploy new artifacts into the
> repository (MRM-305). This matches #3 in
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Archiva+Requirements. It
> appears that no one's been doing something like this but I could be
> mistaken.
Actually, #3 in the requirements doc refers to the already in-place
WebDAV interface.
I believe what you are talking about is in the 4th entry for the Archiva
2.0 wishlist. "Workflow for artifact bundle / promotion / deployment."
which is intended to be a web form (and workflow) to upload (or
reference) bundle content that then goes through an approval process
which eventually makes the content available in the repository itself.
(I'm sure Carlos would love this feature)

> Also, there are differences in the Design's
> (http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/The+Design+of+Archiva)
> directory structure and the svn directory structure. Are you referring
> to a different directory structure in the document or is this a plan
> to reorganize the current grouping of the sub projects?
The design document is part of a desired end goal.
We are not (yet) there.

- Joakim