archiva-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject High Availability Archiva
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 18:00:13 GMT
As we know from when the ASF snapshot repo occasionally disappears, or
when the central repo was on ibiblio and less reliable than it is now,
hosting a Maven repository is a big responsibility.  If it's down,
builds fail and developers can't work unless they've got everything in
a local repository.

I'll toss out a few questions, and there's also a wiki page:
   http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/High+Availability+Archiva

What options do we have for clustering Archiva instances?

Can it work with multiple instances using the same filesystem?  What
things can be shared, and what must remain separate?

How can upgrades be handled to minimize downtime?

Thanks,
--
Wendy