archiva-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: proxying was: two 500 errors
Date Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:46:37 GMT
On 1/28/07, Joakim Erdfelt <joakim@erdfelt.com> wrote:
> Those wiki docs are now incorrect.
> The /proxy/ URL was removed as it didn't support security or webdav or
> the ability to upload content on.
> Having 2 URLs to access the repository was confusing.
>
> I'll update the wiki (and the archiva-site docs) to reflect the current
> usage.

Okay, with r500200, the /proxy url no longer works.  (There is no
Action mapped for namespace / and action name proxy.)

However, proxying also does not work with the the /repository URL.

I have central proxied through 'myrepo', and the guest user is a
repository observer.

1. rm -rf $M2_REPO/junit
2. override 'central' with url http://localhost:9091/archiva/repository/myrepo/
2. quickstart archetype ... mvn install

The build fails due to the missing JUnit dependency, and the Archiva logs show:

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2007/01/28 10:34:01 | WARNING: /archiva/repository/myrepo/ju
nit/junit/3.8.1/junit-3.8.1.jar:
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2007/01/28 10:34:01 | org.codehaus.plexus.component.reposito
ry.exception.ComponentLookupException: Component descriptor cannot be found in t
he component repository: org.codehaus.plexus.webdav.DavServerManager (lookup rea
lm: ClassRealm[plexus.core, parent: null]).

It doesn't look like it's getting as far as trying to proxy.

--
Wendy