archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Joakim Erdfelt <joa...@erdfelt.com>
Subject repository id vs repository url
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 23:09:41 GMT
I'm the one responsible for the misguided repository.urlName concept.

It's biting me in the butt now, but I still feel strongly enough to keep
it as a concept.

My justification.

1) Makes the repository snippet make sense.
2) Makes URLs nice and clean.
3) Allows future work to auto-adjust pom-internal <repositories> when
proxying to point to archiva repo instead.

The repository snippet has proven to be very popular, and tying a long
form id found in a <repository> element in your pom to the url prefix
seemed wrong.

   Using ID :      http://localhost/repository/corporate.snapshots/
   Using Url Name: http://localhost/repository/snapshots/

How do the other developers feel about this decision?
Should we dump repository.urlName in favor of id across the board?

- Joakim