archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Getting together a release
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 22:29:00 GMT

On 19 Dec 06, at 4:31 PM 19 Dec 06, Brett Porter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am going to start looking into the issue with Archiva hanging on
> repository.maven.org, then look at getting a release together,
> since there has been a spike in interest and we can't really just
> recommend people grab it from SVN.
>
> Other than that issue, does anyone have any "must fixes" for a
> release?

Two concrete show stoppers I think are that it doesn't convert
repositories properly. I've found several things and the groovy
conversion problem that cropped up a few days ago.

Even on local setups Archiva will fall over. Joakim has found this
with his install and I have found it with mine.

Over the course of December the only things that have been worked on
are Security, some conversion to common stuff, and the logo. No work
done on the conversion, the proxy, or the reporting. I just honestly
don't think it does anyone any service releasing it like this.

Jason.