archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: FYI: de-plexus-utils'ing
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 04:46:21 GMT
On 3 Dec 06, at 11:29 PM 3 Dec 06, Carlos Sanchez wrote:

> I think something like http://www.slf4j.org/ can allow using libraries
> that use commons-logging without getting its problems

I didn't see it in there anyway, but the problem is not only that
commons-logging is a piece of crap, but that people also abuse it and
put logging in libraries when they should be throwing exceptions and
be tested properly so you know what it does and so you don't have to
stick logging in a library which is just plain dumb.

Jason.