archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Removal of the Application Component
Date Sat, 23 Dec 2006 21:39:30 GMT
Maybe I put the comment there and didn't realise - I thought it was
yours. At the top it said to replace it with a generic converter
component, which is what the other one seemed to be. It wasn't adding
anything.

I don't necessarily agree with the one entry point to rule them all.
The first converter was at the right level of abstraction but
certainly required a lot of scaffolding of repositories to use, so
the converter component you added was a good way to do that. But I
don't understand why it then needs to be delegated via yet another
component that won't actually add anything.

I'm not that committed to it, if it was meant to be there I'm happy
for it to come back.

- Brett