archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Digulla <digu...@hepe.com>
Subject Re: DSMP 1.0 - A new maven proxy
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2006 21:21:19 GMT
Jason van Zyl wrote:

>> Sorry for the duplicate post; I have a new firewall/router and some
>> issues with it :-(
> Is it your proxy? :-)

Nope, hardware.

But to start a discussion: I'm wondering if it's possible/makes sense to
integrate DSMP in Archiva.

Here are a couple of issues which I'm pondering:

- Archiva is a self contained tool as is DSMP. They can (and should) be
chained. Would it make sense at all to merge them?

- It doesn't make sense for DSMP to run in a container. Right now, it
runs standalong and spawns a thread per connection. It might be possible
to change the code to allow this but it would be just a waste of
resources (development time and CPU cycles).

- Maybe DSMP could be a module of Archiva. Not sure if that's an
interesting option, though.

Regards,

http://www.philmann-dark.de/