archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Joakim Erdfelt <joa...@erdfelt.com>
Subject Re: Getting together a release
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 02:14:11 GMT
Jason van Zyl wrote:

> On 19 Dec 06, at 4:31 PM 19 Dec 06, Brett Porter wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am going to start looking into the issue with Archiva hanging on
>> repository.maven.org, then look at getting a release together, since
>> there has been a spike in interest and we can't really just recommend
>> people grab it from SVN.
>>
>> Other than that issue, does anyone have any "must fixes" for a release?
>>

> Two concrete show stoppers I think are that it doesn't convert
> repositories properly. I've found several things and the groovy
> conversion problem that cropped up a few days ago.
>
> Even on local setups Archiva will fall over. Joakim has found this
> with his install and I have found it with mine.
>
> Over the course of December the only things that have been worked on
> are Security, some conversion to common stuff, and the logo. No work
> done on the conversion, the proxy, or the reporting. I just honestly
> don't think it does anyone any service releasing it like this.
I've been trying to get archiva pulled into a decent profiler so I can
track down the apparent memory leak we have.  The reason there hasn't
been any commits is because I don't have a solution yet. ;-)

As for the release.  I think making an 1.0-alpha-1 release would be good
at this point.  It will help if we have more people banging away at it.
Having more test cases.  Having more jiras around it.  We know form our
own testing what needs to be fixed.  We can start with that list for
1.0-alpha-2.  By then we'll hopefully have more input from other peoples
out there.

- Joakim