archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Getting together a release
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 21:42:32 GMT

On 19 Dec 06, at 4:31 PM 19 Dec 06, Brett Porter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am going to start looking into the issue with Archiva hanging on
> repository.maven.org, then look at getting a release together,
> since there has been a spike in interest and we can't really just
> recommend people grab it from SVN.
>
> Other than that issue, does anyone have any "must fixes" for a
> release?

It must go back to an alpha, and I don't think it's even close to
being able to being released.

It's is totally unstable on central. Drawing in people to a release I
don't think is the right thing to do.

I will respond to your previous email about the design flaws but I
don't think a release is wise. It is totally not ready for a release
even as an alpha.

Jason.