archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas De Loof <nicolas.del...@capgemini.com>
Subject Re: Archiva should warn when repository path doesn't exists
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 08:20:49 GMT

I only get 404 error with no log. As Tomcat is configured for ERROR log
level, I may have lost a WARN log for this, so this may be a config
issue, and is the expected behaviour (the artifact may not be present in
the repo !)

What I expected is not to be warned for the proxied repository to be
unavailable. A file:// based repo can be checked for existence and
read-access when connecting. As connection occurs on first attempt to
get an artifact, I expected an ERROR log. Reading FileWagon I discover
there is no check at all for this.

What I'd consider to be even cleaner is to check the repo when
configuring the proxy. Maybe a new link "check" could be added to the
proxied repo admin, as it can also be usefull to check for http proxies
configuration or acces rights to any type of proxied repo.

Nico.