archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas De Loof <nicolas.del...@capgemini.com>
Subject Archiva should warn when repository path doesn't exists
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 06:53:09 GMT

Hello guys,

I've just tried Archiva as a replacement for my maven proxy. It works
fine, but I had issues when trying to proxy my corporate repo. It is
accessed as a Windows SMB drive and proxied using a
"file://///server/shared/repo" URL. When Tomcat is ran as a service,
this path seems not to be available. This is not an Archiva issue, but
Archiva did not warn in any case for repo not to exist.

I've created a patch for Wagon-file-provider to check for filt repo to
exist on connection (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/WAGON-61)

This is better, but it would be even better to get warned when
configuring the repo that the path is wrong. I've no idea where to do
that and if it may be usefull for other proxied repos (check for http
server when creating an http repo proxy ?)

Nico.