apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Proposal: apr-tools project
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2019 11:22:23 GMT
Hi all,

Disclaimer: I don’t have time to do this right now, but at some point soon I would like
to get something like this done.

I propose the creation of, in addition to apr and apr-util, the apr-tools project.

apr-tools would contain a series of command line tools that correspond with many of the capabilities
of the apr library. Such tools might include:

- escape: A tool that can escape and unescape data based on the apr_escape.h API.
- encode: A tool that can encode/decode based on the apr_encode API.
- dbd: A tool that can perform database queries through the apr_dbd astraction, etc.
- etc

The expectation would be that these tools would provide common, cross platform (unix, Mac,
Windows, etc) command line tools that are designed to get stuff done in a common, sensible
way.

First question is thoughts? Bonkers? Good idea?

Second question is structure. Part of APR? Alongside APR?

Regards,
Graham
—