apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [RFC] apr_sockaddr_zone_set/get() etc v2
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2017 16:54:07 GMT
Version #2.

Adds both apr_sockaddr_zone_set() and apr_sockaddr_zone_get() to set and
retrieve the zone id/name.

Also now changes apr_sockaddr_equal() to compare different scopes as not
equal, which I think is the only sensible way to do it, although that
function is a bit odd in ignoring port differences already.  IMO this is
a bug fix, and is not a problem in a minor or patch version bump; the
way to uniquely identify a link-local address is the (ipv6 addr, scope)
pair so these should be compared appropriately.

Also now enhances apr_sockaddr_ip_get*() to append the scope ID when
converting an IP address to text format.  Again I think this makes
sense, e.g. if you are going to log a link-local address it only makes
sense to log the addr with the scope.

Regards, Joe