apr-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Bugs in apr_file_trunc
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2017 20:52:11 GMT
On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 1:24 PM, Ivan Zhakov <ivan@visualsvn.com> wrote:
> On 30 June 2017 at 19:46, Nick Kew <niq@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, 2017-06-30 at 11:44 -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>> Thx... it's a shame that either (1) these bugs aren't reported
>>> to the APR dev team to fix or (2) that they are, but that the
>>> dev team isn't aware or following up.
>>
>> Well, there may or may not be some report deep in the archives
>> or in bugzilla.
>>
>> On the other hand, there is quite a lot of overlap between
>> the SVN and APR dev communities, including committership.
>> I wonder if there's confusion like a fix that's trunk-only?
>>
> These problems fixed in APR trunk in r1788929 [1], but didn't
> backported to 1.5.x and 1.6.x branches.
>
> https://svn.apache.org/r1788929

Agreed that's the issue, and these should be applied to 1.6 and 1.7
branches already, certainly for the next release.

The overly-complicated headache of fixing non-symlink APR_LNK
entities on Win32 also turns out to be solvable, but either I staple
on more bailing wire, or refactor to make it all more legible. I'm
proceeding with the later :)

So an apr 1.6 tag later this month would be great, IMO!