apr-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Clarke <dcla...@blastwave.org>
Subject apr-1.6.0 and apr-util-1.6.0 pass all tests on Solaris 10 Sparc .. however httpd fails
Date Thu, 11 May 2017 11:58:47 GMT

Just a quick status here.  Using the Oracle Studio 12.5 dev tools and
reasonable CFLAGS here I see both apr-1.6.0 and apr-util-1.6.0 pass
their tests and seem to do as required.

Wondering if there is a way to open the black box a bit and get some
more details during the test suite phase of apr-util.  The tests listed
in "testbuckets" downwards do seem to hang a while and many things are
happening but I see nothing but ye old spinner.  Would be nice if there
were more details here as opposed to the mystery "passed".  Sure it is
nice to see that the check engine light is not on the dash but nothing
beats an actual meter that says what the engine is doing. Forgive the
car analogy but I don't want to run truss/dtrace to see what is really
being tested.

At the moment compile of httpd 2.4.25 stops very early with :

"/usr/local/include/apr-1/apr.h", line 614: #error: no decision has been
made on APR_PATH_MAX for your platform

So perhaps a quick define here would work.

Dennis Clarke