apr-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release _timedlock API in 1.6.x?
Date Mon, 22 May 2017 20:22:17 GMT
On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 4:56 PM, William A Rowe Jr <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> On May 19, 2017 2:21 PM, "William A Rowe Jr" <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>
> [+0.9] Release current svn _timedlock API implementation in 1.6

I won't complain if it's not released, but I'm not sure there are still issues.
IIUC (from latest Rainer's tests), the remaining failure on Solaris
was with apr_thread_mutex_timedlock(), which I changed in r1794266 to
have a similar implementation to apr_thread_mutex_timedlock() (which
seems to work as expected now).
I did not backported r1794266 to 2.4.x because I was waiting for
feedbacks (did I miss some new results?).

Likewise, I tried to address the Windows "int64 usecs to uint32 msecs
truncation" issue in r1792620.

>From an API perspective, the single timeout argument looks consensual.
So there may still be some bug(s) somewhere, which we would fix as
always, but it would unlikely break existing applications since it's
new feature, hence my positive vote...

PS: really sorry for the delay and the lack of activity these days, I
had so few spare times...