apr-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release _timedlock API in 1.6.x?
Date Wed, 24 May 2017 16:01:17 GMT
On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 7:48 PM, William A Rowe Jr <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 6:42 PM, Nick Kew <niq@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> I see you've done the deed.  Thanks.
>
> Getting there, apologies for the disruption of branches/1.6.x/
>
> Follow up testing should take a day or two in the first place, and it
> seems there was enthusiasm for one or two fairly straightforward
> fixes before this rolls out, so let's let 1.6.x branch settle for a day
> once this is complete (follow-up email to list once I can claim to
> be finished.)

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/branches/1.6.x/ is finally
ready for intensive testing and review in anticipation of 1.6.1.

My remaining review is to ensure the remaining new locks changes were
not backed out inadvertantly, those are (from CHANGES), but the branch
will now build again and passes make check on Linux.

  *) apr_os_proc_mutex_put_ex: Allow to specify whether the OS native
     mutex should or not be cleaned up (destroyed) with the constructed
     APR mutex (given pool), and default to not for the simple _put()
     function.  [Yann Ylavic]

  *) apr_proc/global_mutex: Fix API regarding the native OS mutexes
     accessors from/to available APR mechanisms, adding the new functions
     apr_os_proc_mutex_get_ex() and apr_os_proc_mutex_set_ex() which give
     control to the user over the selected mechanisms, including the missing
     POSIX semaphores (sem_t) on platforms supporting them.
     [Yann Ylavic]

  *) apr_proc_mutex-pthread: Refcount shared mutexes usage to avoid
     destruction while still is use by some process(es).  PR 49504.
     [Yann Ylavic]