apr-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Clarke <dcla...@blastwave.org>
Subject Re: 1.6.0 release candidates
Date Sun, 07 May 2017 03:01:55 GMT
On 05/07/2017 12:54 AM, William A Rowe Jr wrote:
> So my blocking concern is that APR has never shipped an unready,
> disabled by default feature. I don't mind not ready for prime time but
> we traditionally called such things alpha or beta releases. I am not
> worried about a specific platform, but about the wide range of
> unreviewed architectures.

I do mind shipping not ready for production prime time.

> The Solaris report seemed concerning.

Where is this 1.6.0 tarball such that I may give it a careful build on
my Solaris servers ?

I don't see it at http://archive.apache.org/dist/apr/

I have very stable apache builds running in production and am certain
we can wring out what ever issue that may be in there with a pass
through the Oracle dev tools and strict c99 compiler. At the very least
I generally have debug builds wherein I can single step through the
resultant binaries if an issue does appear.

Dennis