apr-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No timed lock on MacOS
Date Sat, 01 Apr 2017 08:54:21 GMT
On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 5:49 PM, Nick Kew <niq@apache.org> wrote:
> Just (finally) got the toolchain up&running on the new macbook[1], so I’m
> testing there.  Getting a failure in testprocmutex: there is no timedlock.
>
> ./testall -v testprocmutex
> testprocmutex       : \default_timedlock() not implemented,-flock_timedlock() not implemented,|sysvsem_timedlock()
not implemented,\posix_timedlock() not implemented,-fcntl_timedlock() not implemented,-Line
133: create the mutex
> default_timed not implemented,|Line 138: Default timed not implemented
> FAILED 1 of 6
> Failed Tests            Total   Fail    Failed %
> testprocmutex               6      1     16.67%
>

> Any insights?

Hmm, doesn't MacOS have at least one of:
- sem_timedwait (posix)
- semtimedop (IPC SysV)
- pthread_mutex_timedlock (pthread)
?

It might be an error in the test that shouldn't fail is the default
proc-mutex mechanism does not support timedlock (fcntl, flock).

What are your APR_USE_*_SERIALIZE?