apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.6.0 release candidates
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2017 15:45:25 GMT
On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 00:16:37 +0200
Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Unfortunately I was not (yet) able to find out, whether there's a
> > patch for Bug 6738798 available on Solaris 10, or whether we would
> > break Solaris 10.
>
> Maybe we need to "#define APR_USE_PROC_PTHREAD_MUTEX_COND 0" for
> Solaris 10, and fall back to the generic implementation (spinning
> sleep)...

I've just (r1791932) made timedlocks a config option on unix-family.
Defaults to on, but any users getting bitten by it can now use
--disable-timedlocks and the timedlock function return APR_ENOTIMPL
(as per earlier discussion, after being bitten by Mac but before
Solaris versions joined the awkward squad).

Given that two mainstream platforms have bitten us on this in the
pre-release cycle, it would seem very high risk now to release
without such a workaround.  We can request that anyone who finds
themselves having to use it report back to us!

--
Nick Kew