apr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jan Ehrhardt <php...@ehrhardt.nl>
Subject Re: 1.6 release timetable
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2017 02:20:36 GMT
Jan Ehrhardt in gmane.comp.apache.apr.devel (Sun, 19 Mar 2017 20:21:47 +0100):
>>So, the answer to the question "does it work for you?" seems to be No.
>
>Or Yes, if CMake works. I will try that later.

CMake almost works. I had the following dirs
- apr
  - apr
  - apr-util
    - xml
  - openssl

For apr and apr-util I used the 1.6.x branches:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/apr/apr/branches/1.6.x/
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/apr/apr-util/branches/1.6.x/

Steps for compiling the VC14 x64 libs and dll's:
. compile OpenSSL (version 1.1.0e).
. copy the XML headers to \apr\apr-util\include
. install \apr\apr\include\apr.h manually (cf apr 1.4/OpenSSL 1.0.2)
. compile apr, with the CMake args on 1 line:

set INCLUDE=\apr\openssl\include;%INCLUDE%
set LIB=\apr\openssl\;%LIB%
set PATH=\apr\openssl\apps;%PATH%
cd \apr\apr
if exist \apr\apr\vc14.x64 rd \apr\apr\vc14.x64
md \apr\apr\vc14.x64
cd \apr\apr\vc14.x64
cmake -G "Visual Studio 14 2015 Win64" -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo \
	-D APR_BUILD_TESTAPR=1 -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=\apr\install \
	-D INSTALL_PDB=OFF .. 
pause
call msbuild APR.sln /p:Configuration=RelWithDebInfo /p:Platform=x64
call msbuild INSTALL.vcxproj /p:Configuration=RelWithDebInfo /p:Platform=x64

. compile apr-util, with the CMake args on 1 line:

set INCLUDE=\apr\openssl\include;%INCLUDE%
set LIB=\apr\openssl\;%LIB%
set PATH=\apr\openssl\apps;%PATH%
cd \apr\apr-util
if exist \apr\apr-util\vc14.x64 rd \apr\apr-util\vc14.x64
md \apr\apr-util\vc14.x64
cd \apr\apr-util\vc14.x64
cmake -G "Visual Studio 14 2015 Win64" \
	-D OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR=\apr\openssl -D OPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR=\apr\openssl\include \
	-D APR_INCLUDE_DIR=\apr\apr\include -D APR_LIBRARIES=\apr\apr\vc14.x64\RelWithDebInfo\libapr-1.lib
\
	-D APU_HAVE_CRYPTO=1 -D APR_BUILD_TESTAPR=1 -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=\apr\install -D INSTALL_PDB=OFF
..
pause
perl -pi.bak -e "s/;APU_DECLARE_EXPORT;/;APR_DECLARE_EXPORT;APU_DECLARE_EXPORT;/gi" libaprutil-1.vcxproj
for %%f in (*.vcxproj) do perl -pi.bak -e "s/;DLL_NAME=/;APR_DECLARE_EXPORT;APU_DECLARE_EXPORT;DLL_NAME=/gi"
%%f
call msbuild APR.sln /p:Configuration=RelWithDebInfo /p:Platform=x64
call msbuild INSTALL.vcxproj /p:Configuration=RelWithDebInfo /p:Platform=x64

The two perl replacements are need to avoid errors that dllimport
is not allowed. They can be patched into the apr-util CMakeLists.txt

Result (zipped from \apr\install):
https://phpdev.toolsforresearch.com/apr-1.6.x.zip

I did not run any tests, but it is a start.
-- 
Jan


Mime
View raw message