apr-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Smith <...@gknw.net>
Subject Re: 1.6 release timetable
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2017 03:44:39 GMT
Arg, this list bites me again. Sorry for the double Jan.

On 3/19/2017 11:44 AM, Jan Ehrhardt wrote:
> Nick Kew in gmane.comp.apache.apr.devel (Sat, 18 Mar 2017 07:57:37
> +0000):
>> On Sat, 2017-03-18 at 08:28 +0100, Jan Ehrhardt wrote:
>>
>>> Will this 1.6 release contain support of OpenSSL 1.1.x or is that part
>>> of a future release?
>>
>> Good question.  I see no bugzilla entry for it.  A quick search
>> on this list reveals just two messages, dated 29/3/16.
>> Are you asking whether the changes Rainer refers to in
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/apr-dev/201603.mbox/%3C56FA52EC.8050301%40kippdata.de%3E
>> are in it?  If so, your own feedback to Rainer's "does it
>> work for you?" question would be great?
>
> The 2 Windows related files in apr/apr-util/crypto still use the pre-1.1
> OpenSSL lib files, libeay32.lib and ssleay32.lib:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/apr/apr-util/branches/1.6.x/crypto/apr_crypto_openssl.dsp?view=markup#l121
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/apr/apr-util/branches/1.6.x/crypto/apr_crypto_openssl.mak?view=markup#l108
>
> So, the answer to the question "does it work for you?" seems to be No.

I've been hacking on the .mak and .win files.
Had to add a -ossl1 to apr/build/cvtdsp.pl for the dsp file, no other
way around it that I have been able to figure out.

I have apu building at the command line, with either openssl 1.0.2 or
1.1.0. IIRC 1.0.2 is a LTS version and is going to be around for awhile
still.

Have comitted nothing at this point as I want to test a IDE build. Not
that we have ever been able to build the crypto modules from the IDE
without modifying the build manually/scripted.