apr-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Default Linux mutex method
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2017 02:21:28 GMT
So almost two decades later, this is still odd.

apr.h:#define APR_USE_SHMEM_MMAP_TMP     0
apr.h:#define APR_USE_SHMEM_MMAP_SHM     0
apr.h:#define APR_USE_SHMEM_MMAP_ZERO    0
apr.h:#define APR_USE_SHMEM_SHMGET_ANON  0
apr.h:#define APR_USE_SHMEM_SHMGET       1
apr.h:#define APR_USE_SHMEM_MMAP_ANON    1
apr.h:#define APR_USE_SHMEM_BEOS         0
apr.h:#define APR_USE_FLOCK_SERIALIZE           0
apr.h:#define APR_USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE         1
apr.h:#define APR_USE_POSIXSEM_SERIALIZE        0
apr.h:#define APR_USE_FCNTL_SERIALIZE           0
apr.h:#define APR_USE_PROC_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE    0
apr.h:#define APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE         1

Now the _USE_ macro indicated the *decision* to elect one
specific default. Not a multiple choice question. What you might
be thinking of are APR_HAS_* macros.

SYSVSEM > PTHREAD in the code logic, so we are still using
sysv semaphores with all their defects over the choice of pthread
mutexes where both are supported on Linux.

Do we want to fix this in the 1.6.0 release?