apr-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: URL fetch functionality
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2017 07:39:07 GMT

> On 17 Jan 2017, at 01:25, William A Rowe Jr <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>
> It was called serf. It never entered ASF proper, but it is still out there (not sure
if Justin moved it from Google code or not.)

> On Jan 16, 2017 06:08, "Dirk-Willem van Gulik" <dirkx@webweaving.org <mailto:dirkx@webweaving.org>>
wrote:
> I’ve got a few modules that I am trying to merge that all do a bit of simple HTTP get
at the back (with a modicum of 30X resource has moved following & very simple cookie accept).

> Right now I am using various hacks that recycles a bit of mod_proxy & http its bucked
brigades (mostly by removing ’static’ for a few functions). In part as I can then leverage
some SSL infra.

> Has anyone ever made an attempt to do this properly in APR ?

Thank you - that was irking at the back of my mind - but I was looking into tally the wrong
place.

Many thanks indeed!

Dw.