apr-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: pool based base64 binary encode
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2017 07:47:44 GMT
On 22 Jan 2017, at 13:02, bert@qqmail.nl wrote:

> That encoded[len] reference should use the same apr_base64_encode_len result as the first
allocation, or the bas64 data is truncated.

I think you are right - but the other way round in this case - I was allocating one byte too
many. Fixed in 1780034.

>  Re: followups: I don’t see a reason for deprecating the separate encoder functions,
after adding the useful wrapper. There are enough good reasons why applications depending
on apr might want to do their own memory management.

Agreed. We want to keep the binary versions as well.

Dw